Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Banging my head.

It's 7:45 a.m. and I'm the only one at my office right now, so I'm cranking System of a Down. For those of you who aren't familar with SOAD, they are, um, loud and heavy. Seriously. There are many of you out there who would probably listen to two bars of an SOAD song and run away screaming.

That's because you're old.

Something about me, though: You will not find anyone with a more diverse taste in music. This morning it's SOAD. Yesterday morning it was Patsy Cline. Were I to do an all-song shuffle of what's on my full-to-the-brim, 30-gig iPod, I could get:

    Patsy Cline
    Robert Cray
    Free
    Stevie Ray Vaughan
    AC/DC
    The Fray
    G. Love and the Special Sauce
    Little River Band (seriously)
    Marvin Gaye
    Roger Williams
    Soundgarden
    Allman Brothers
    Beatles
    Tool
    Johnny Cash
    Usher
    Frank Sinatra
    Guns 'N' Roses
    Beethoven
    The Soundtrack to Urinetown
    Gypsy Kings
    Audioslave
    Billy Squire
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Stevie Wonder
    Led Zeppelin
    Count Basie

As they say, variety is the spice of life. The fact that I can always align music with my mood, my mental state, my place and my time is one of life's riches.

I gotta go knock something down now.

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: