Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Soothing the Savage Beast

I stole this meme from pretty much everyone.

NAME UP TO THREE:

Song(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
- "My Prerogative" by Bobby Brown
- "We Built This City" by the Starship
- “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That)” by Meatloaf

Musical artist(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
- Blink 182
- Pet Shop Boys
- Motorhead

Rolling Stones Song(s) I Love
- "Sympathy for the Devil"
- "Gimme Shelter"
- "Bitch"

Beatles Song(s) I Love
- "Come Together"
- "Got to Get You Into My Life"
- "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

Who Song(s) I Love
- "Substitute"
- "Baba O'Riley"
- "Behind Blue Eyes"

Dylan Song(s) I Love
- "Tangled Up in Blue" (NOT the Indigo Girls version)
- "Everybody Must Get Stoned"
- "Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You"

Reggae Songs I Love
- "Get Up, Stand Up" by Peter Tosh
- "Tomorrow People" by Ziggy Marley
- "One Love/People Get Ready" by Bob Marley

Country Song(s) I Love
- "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash
- "Crazy by Patsy Cline"
- "King of the Road" by Roger Miller

Movie Soundtrack(s) I Love
- Garden State
- Swingers
- High Fidelity

Cover Song(s) I Love
- "Mrs. Robinson" by the Lemonheads (originally by Simon & Garfunkle)
- "Voodoo Chile" by Stevie Ray Vaughan (originally by Jimi Hendrix)
- "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm (originally by Michael Jackson)
NOTE: Never heard another song by Alien Ant Farm that I liked

Contemporary Top-40 Artist(s) I Secretly Love
- Gnarls Barkley
- Five for Fighting
- Gorillaz


Song(s) That Bring Me To Tears
- "Crying" by Roy Orbison
- "I've Got Your Picture, She's Got You" by Patsy Cline
- "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You" by Led Zeppelin

Rap/Hip Hop Song(s) I Love
(this meme was so obviously written by a whitey, because rap and hip hop are not the same thing!)
- RAP: "Lose Yourself" by Eminem
- RAP: "Bring the Noise" by Public Enemy
- Hip Hop: Anything by the Gorillaz
- Hip Hop: "Let's Get Retarded" (aka Let's Get it Started) by the Black Eyed Peas

70s Disco Song(s) I Love
- "Get Down Tonight" by KC & the Sunshine Band
- "You Should Be Dancing" by the Bee Gees
- "Funkytown" by Lipps, Inc.

Novelty Song(s) I Love
- "Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground
- "They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha Ha" by Napoleon XIV
- "King Tut" by Steve Martin

Soul/R&B Songs I Love
- "At Last" by Etta James
- "Georgia on my Mind" by the late great Mr. Ray Charles
- "Tell Him" by Vonda Shepard

Power Ballad(s) I Love
- "The Ballad of Jane" by L.A. Guns
- "House of Pain" by Faster Pussycat
- "I Remember You" by Skid Row

Pre 1950s Song(s) I Love
- "All of Me" by Frank Sinatra
- "Oh, Lady be Good" by Ella Fitzgerald
- "(I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons" by Nat King Cole

Singer/Songwriter Songs I Love
- "Superman" by Five for Fighting
- "Don't Know Why" by Nora Jones
- "I Forget You Every Day" by Chris Whitley

Song(s) to Have Sex To
- Whatever

None of the Above Song(s) I Love
- "Ain't That a Kick in the Head" by Dean Martin
- "Burn One Down" by Ben Harper
- "Down Payment Blues" by AC/DC

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: