Friday, February 09, 2007

Great Birthday / Not So Great Day After Birthday

I got a pair of Bill's Khakis for my birthday. I've always wanted a pair and now I have some. They're the most comfortable khakis ever. My wife is the greatest! I also got the complete Strangers With Candy series on DVD, which is about as twistely hilarious as you can get. It was a very nice birthday at home with the family.

We'd planned to go out to eat, but Maddie hadn't been feeling so hot so we ordered take-out Thai food from the place down the road for our birthday dinner. We've eaten there a few times and always liked it, and Wednesday night it tasted particularly good.

Apparently food poisoning tastes particularly good.

Everyone who ate the Thai -- my wife, both step-daughters and myself -- spent all day yesterday violently ill. I've never experienced anything like that in my life. Normally you'd think three bathrooms is enough for a family of five (one of which is an infant), but not yesterday. No, there were times when each bathroom would be occupied and someone else would be hurling in a pot next to the bed. The only one who was unaffected was little Sam. He just hung out in Mommy and Daddy's bed all day happy as can be.

I came into the office this morning but I still feel like crap, so I'm going home.

Blech.

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: