Sunday, February 05, 2006

What are your stupidest pet peeves?

This morning, while making pancakes for a house full of pre-teen girls celebrating Emma's 12th birthday, I overheard them counting in unison for hide 'n' go seek. When they reached 11, they all said, "uhleven," and it annoyed me. "It's 'eeleven!'" I nearly hollered. But then I thought about it and realized, what a stupid pet peeve. It has no impact on my life whatsoever. With all the great things to be annoyed with, that's a waste of annoyance.

Here's another stupid pet peeve of mine -- and of many people, I'm sure: people who talk on their cell phones in grocery stores. That drives me nuts! But seriously, why? How is that affecting me? Is it causing me to choose poorly in the produce section? Perhaps it compels me to only grab one box of Wheaties even though the sign clearly states BOGO. No, this is another waste of annoyance. Someone having a conversation on a cell phone in the grocery store is no different than someone having a conversation with the person standing next to them in the grocery store (the exception to this is people who talk on their cell phone while checking out, because that's just frucking rude). (I just misspelled "fucking," and started to correct it, but I'll be damned if I don't think "frucking" is a great frucking word, so fruck it).

How about you? Be honest, now. You know you have oodles of pet peeves that are really pretty much ridiculous. Let 'em out now.

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: