Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Demanding apologies.

I so badly want to be a Democrat. Really. My ideals tend toward the liberal, and I find myself more often suspicious of Republicans than I do Democrats. But I just can't commit to the party. Why? Because it's full of whiny, irrational, annoying babies who seem to be unable to avoid wasting massive amounts of time and energy on futile follies.

So Russ Feingold says he's going to call for Bush's censure. I believe in the right to free speech, and I vehemently oppose censureship of any kind.

Stupid joke. Sorry. Back to the point.

It's Feingold's right as a senator, and I gotta admit, I'm not brimming with trust in our Commander in Chief, so hey, censure away. Not sure what good it'll do, just like I'm not sure what good impeaching Clinton did either, but Russnick, you do what your heart tells you is right.

Of course conservatives aren't too keen on the idea, specifically Bill Frist, M.D.. He thinks Feingold is giving comfort to terrorists. I think that is stupid, but he's free to think what he wants.

Then Sen. Wayne Allard from the beautiful Rocky Mountain state of Colorado said, and I paraphrase, that on this occasion, like numerous others in the past, Russ Feingold is siding with the terrorists.

What Bill Frist said was stupid. What Wayne Allard said was just plain icky. I've come to expect no less from Allard, but that's beside the point.

The point, Jeff, the point!

Okay. Liberals/Leftists/Democrats are going crazy demanding that Allard apologize. This seems to be a big trend in politics, the demanding of apologies.

Call me crazy, but to me the only thing worse than an inappropriate statement is a disingenuous apology. Allard said exactly what he thought, which was completely in keeping with his character, and he sure as shit isn't feeling bad that he hurt Feingold's feelings.

Newsflash: If Wayne Allard does apologize, he'll only be apologizing to Wayne Allard for putting Wayne Allard in a (possibly) precarious position. It won't be to Feingold, to Democrats, to Americans, to anybody but himself and maybe, maybe his party.

But Democrats all over are calling into talk shows and signing petitions demanding that Allard apologize.

Give
Me
A
Break
People!

It won't do any good! It won't mean a thing! Allard is a douche bag! What does an apology from a douche bag get you? Soaked with stinky liquid! Was that over the line? Sorry.

Don't you have other things to worry about, like who Dick Cheney is going to shoot next?

Damn you, Democrats! I'm tired of being a Centrist!

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: