Thursday, July 06, 2006

13 Movie Lines

Been a while since I did a Thursday Thirteen, but Paula had a cool one last week with song lyrics that I've decided to rip off, albeit using movie lines instead.

See if you can be the first to guess in what movies each of these lines FIRST APPEARED. Oh, and no cheating! No Googling, no calling a friend... the knowledge must reside in your noggin. Bonus point if you know who said the line, too.


NOTE: Jen's on the ball! She got six already. I'll put which ones she got right, but I'll wait to post the correct answers. NOTE II: Paula got one 'cause she's OTD. Jenna hit two impressive ones. If I could get a Jenny and a Jennifer to respond, that would be cool. NOTE III: O'Tim filled in the blanks quite nicely. And the answers are...

13. "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"
JENNA - Treasure of the Sierra Madre (this was impressive -- 99% of people who think they know this say Blazing Saddles). Who said it? A Mexican Bandito!

12. "I coulda been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."
JEN - Marlon Brando in On the Waterfront (my favorite movie of all time, BTW)

11. "There are those who call me... Tim?"
JEN - Tim the Enchanter (John Cleese) in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, though O'Tim did point out that the actual line is, "To some I am known as... Tim." Though it really should be a question mark, because it is most definitely a question in the movie!

10. "Nuclear combat. Toe to toe with the Rooskies!"
O'TIM - Dr. Stranglove, though his guess was wrong as to who said it; it was Slim Pickins as Major "King" Kong.

9. "When you have to shoot, shoot…don't talk."
O'TIM - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, and while he didn't know that actor's name (Eli Wallich) he correctly guessed 'twas The Ugly that said it. O'Tim gained major points from me for knowing this one, as it's one of my fav's as well.

8. "You're gonna need a bigger boat."
JEN - Roy Scheider in Jaws. This was a lobbed softball for Jen.

7. "I just want to say one word to you - just one word.... 'plastics.'"
PAULA! - The Graduate, spoken by Mr. McGuire (Walter Brooke)

6. "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"
O'TIM - Peter Finch as Howard Beal in Network

5. "I want my two dollars!"
JEN - The paperboy in Better Off Dead

4. "They call me Mister Tibbs."
JENNA - Sidney Poitier as Detective Virgil Tibbs in In the Heat of the Night

3. "Here's looking at you, kid."
JEN - Casablanca. Bogart. 'Nuff said.

2. "Your mother's in here with us, Karras. Would you like to leave a message? I'll see that she gets it."
O'TIM - The devil-posessed Reagan in The Exorcist which, I might add, might not be scary today but freaked out the entire country in 1973.

1. "'When you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."
JEN - Bill Murray in Caddyshack, one of the most-quoted comedies of all-time (behind Holy Grail, of course).

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: