Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Truth, Justice and All That Other Stuff

Happy Independence Day, my fellow Americans. Special thanks to both my Grandfathers, who defended our country so admirably many years ago (and are today 85 and nearly 94 years old and both still going like the Energizer Bunny). I've had issues with our government and issues with our citizens, but never have I had an issue with my country. The American Way is Freedom, plain and simple (read PJ's excellent post on this very topic). That is what makes us a great nation, and anyone who wishes to limit our freedoms -- yes, even the freedom to burn Old Glory -- is spitting in the face of our forefathers and veterans like my Grandfathers (just as an American burning the flag is spitting in those same faces).

Whatever or whomever your god may be, may he/she/it bless America.

Peace!

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: