Thursday, August 10, 2006

13 Of My Favorite Inventions

13. DVDs & DVD Players. I'm a movie nut, and to be able to watch movies in a high-quality format with premium sound, extra features, etc., is kick ass. Plus, so many classic, independent and foreign films are now released on DVD, I'm able to see movies I never would have seen in the past.

12. Cruise control. Big fan. If I'm on a stretch of open road, I turn on the cruise.

11. Digital cameras. Yes, I still have a good 35mm film camera that I use for shooting artsy fartsy black and white photos, but I recently purchased a Pentax digital SLR and I'm thrilled with it. Takes great photos, and I can see instantly if I got the shot I wanted or not. Plus, I have two 1-gig memory cards, which will hold about 325 high-quality jpegs each. I can post them to the Interweblogosphere, or I can send them out and have prints made. Love it!

10. Sliced bread. If it weren't for sliced bread, we'd have nothing to compare cool things to.

9. Suitcases with wheels and retractable handles. My only question, how come it took so freaking long to actually invent these? Why didn't the very first suitcase have these?

8. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.

7. Flip flops (formerly known as thongs). Nothing better for being a bum in the summertime.

6. Laser eye correction surgery. I had it done five years ago. It worked brilliantly. I can now see through walls.

5. The debit card. I love not having to carry cash, or at least not carrying much.

4. Mr. Microphone. Hey good looking, we'll be back to pick you up later!

3. The Baby Bjorn. Moms (and some dads) know what I'm talking 'bout.

2. Zyrtec D allergy medication. I'd be a sneezing, watery-eyed fool without it.

1. The Interweblogosphere. How would I have met all you crazy cats otherwise?

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: