Friday, August 11, 2006

Writing about writing.

A few peeps over in Me Peeps sidebar, namely O'Tim, Jen, Pillock and Paula (and sometimes PJ, thought not enough), write about writing a lot. Specifically, their own writing. I devour that stuff. As a writer who writes writing, I'm fascinated by other writers and what they go through to get their writing written, whatever sort of writing they might be writing. Or have written. I also love reading about other peeps' triumphs and failures, the woo-hoos and the aw-shits. Maybe it's just me, but hearing other people talk about dealing with the same shit I deal with, albeit in different ways, different times and sometimes different countries, makes it a lot easier for me to get back on the horse, dig my heels in, hit the ground running, deal with adversity, pick myself up, put my nose to the grindstone and whatever other cliché you fancy using.

So I'm thinking, maybe I should write about writing, specifically, writing my own writing. Not all the time, mind you. I still have to post pictures of my boy every once in a while to remind you that I can be sufficiently sappy. And I have to post Thursday 13s because I'm a lemming. And I have to post a rant here and there because otherwise I become constipated. But in between those, I'm going to write about my writing.

I'm also finishing up the now one-month-and-a-half-behind-schedule (you) essays. My apologies to those of you who have been eagerly awaiting its launch, and particularly those of you who contributed (many!). What I really need is for someone who can take the design I created and help me program the rest of the site, because that interweblogosphere programming stuff is a real mindfuck sometimes.

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: