Sunday, October 22, 2006

B.F.E.


For those of you wondering what the hell B.F.E. (in regards to my mentions of it lately), it's "A twisted holiday musical comedy," as the tagline says, that I co-wrote with a buddy of mine (I'm in it, too -- I'm the guy with the chainsaw). Here's a link to the html email about it. We're in countdown mode now -- we preview the show on 11/17 and 11/18 (reviewers on the 18th, I believe), and officially open it on 11/24. Rehearsals have been a riot, but exhausting! I'm not playing hockey right now because of the time constraints the show has put on me, but I'm kind of wishing I was still playing because I'm out of shape and all this singing and dancing is beating the hell out of me. Understand, I'm not a singing and dancing kind of guy, so I wasn't prepared for the physical nature of it. We have a song called "Greed" in the show which is something of an Irish jig, so the choreography is a bunch of Irish step-dancing. I even get to put on a red bandanna and be the Lord of the Dance in the song. Fun as hell, but when it's over I need to throw up. Guess I have a month to get in "show shape.

Honestly, though, I've been performing for a long, long time, and I don't think I've ever anticipated an opening more than this one. Joe asked in the comments of my previous post about us taking the show on the road. If that happens, we'll be popping open the Champagne. We think the show's good enough to sell; keep your fingers crossed. We will be doing a studio recording of the soundtrack to sell at the shows, and we'll also be creating a video of the show, so for you peeps that ain't gonna make it to Denver (don't worry about it, Joe!), we'll figure out a way for you to see it.

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: