Monday, October 09, 2006

Go Tigers!!!!


Bye bye Yankees. Hello Athletics. The Tigers dispatched those high-paid "All-Stars" from NYC pretty easily over the weekend, winning three games to one in the best-of-five series (they lost the first, then won three straight). Now we get Oakland in a best-of-seven series to see who gets to go to the World Series.

Only two seasons ago -- yes, two -- the Tigers tied for the worst record IN MAJOR LEAGUE HISTORY.

Now they're playing in the American League Championship Series. The last time they were in the ALCS was 1987, and they lost. The last time they were in the World Series was 1984, and they won. I went to a game during that world series. I was 15 years old. I still have the same Tiger hat I wore back then, and I'm wearing it right now.

Go Tigers!

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: