Saturday, November 11, 2006

Coffee cup idiosyncrasies.

I just spent five minutes staring into the cupboard trying to decide which coffee cup I wanted to use this morning. I decided upon the yellow "Sun Record Company" mug, as I'm feeling in a bit of a rockabilly mood. This is the first time I've ever stopped to think about the fact that I never simply grab the mug that's in front. I always carefully choose the mug from which I want to drink. In my cupboard I have an Ernest Hemingway mug, a San Francisco mug, a couple Michigan State University mugs, a mug that says "Jeff," a big, blue, handmade ceramic mug from Akumal, Mexico, a Colorado Public Radio mug, a mug with Goofy on it in which you could fit a whole pot o' coffee, and a mug that says "Hero" (that was a gift from my family, and yes, I choose that one a lot), to name but a few. My choice of mug is really the first important decision of the day for me.

And today is going to be a good day.

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: