Monday, January 29, 2007

My earliest memory.

Ms. Gekko has a post up asking about our very first memory. While I have flashes of images from when I was very young, I think the first complete memory I have is of an event that happened when I was maybe four years old (PJ, I'm sure you can verify or correct this!). Remembering this, er, memory has brought me great joy, so I thought I'd share it with you so that it may bring you great joy as well.

We lived in a small house on a dead-end street in Lansing, Michigan. Because of the cul-de-sac, the cars passing our house were never going very fast. I'm not quite sure how I got out, but I was wandering around in the front yard like a puppy. Every so often a car would pass and I'd stop and watch it go by.

Then I decided it would be a really good idea to throw a rock at a car.

I found a big rock, picked it up with two hands, and stood at the edge of our property, watiting for the next car to come by. After an eternity, a car finally turned onto our street. I waited patiently, right at the side of the road. Seeing me standing there, the driver slowed down as he passed. I lifted the rock up over my head and let it fly with both my hands.

Boom! The rock hit the passenger door, and I started giggling. The car stopped and the driver got out, just as my mom came running out of the house thinking I'd been hit.

"What happened?" she asked.

"He threw a rock at my car!" the guy said.

She asked me if I threw the rock at his door (which dented it, btw). Yes, I said, and giggled some more.

I can't remember anything else that happened during the next two years of my life.

But I'm still giggling about that rock.

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: