Monday, February 26, 2007

My head weighs a ton.

I have a cold. A bad cold. A sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy-head cold. I'm tired, I'm grumpy, and I'm producing phlegm at an alarming rate. My voice, which is normally a rich, deep, delicious baritone, now resides somewhere between Lurch and air escaping from a balloon.

To add insult to injury, I heard a report on the radio this morning giving the rundown on common cold medications, and the verdict was that nothing works. Nothing. While some things may help with the symptoms for a short while, no medicine is going to kick the cold to the curb. Airborn and Echinacea and Cold Snap and Dayquil and Alka Seltzer Cold... lots of money for little results. (Although they did say there is some evidence that shows one of mom's old remedies -- chicken soup -- actually does help speed up the process.)

Ultimately, my body will take its own sweet time in fighting this cold and there's not much I can do about it.

Except bitch.

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: