Monday, February 26, 2007

Guilty pleasure.

Looney's been doing Guilty Pleasure of the Week posts, which made me think about a TV show I am completely and utterly addicted to:

Battlestar Galactica

I loved the original when it aired in 1978, so when I heard they'd "updated" it I was so skeptical I didn't watch. But on the recommendation of a trusted friend I rented the miniseries that aired on SciFi a couple years ago, and immediately got a hold of every episode since. I'm now all caught up -- they're about 10 episodes or so into season three -- and I'm totally hooked. It's really good! It has some star power with Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell, who are both great, but the "unknowns" also do a great job of portraying characters with depth -- something you don't typically expect from sci fi.

Anyone else out there willing to admit you watch it?

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: