...for a Movie Meme! Thanks, Keera!
1. Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times.
Blazing Saddles. Dozens of times.
2. Name a movie you've seen multiple times in the theater.
Raiders of the Lost Ark. Must have gone five times when it came out originally, then again a couple times during re-releases.
3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.
John Turturro. That guy can do no wrong, as far as I'm concerned.
4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.
Rob Schneider. I actually think he was occasionally funny on SNL, but if he's in a movie, I run screaming in the other direction.
5. Name a movie you can and do quote from.
Caddyshack. This was a total throw-a-dart-at-the-wall answer, because as many of you know I'm a movie-quote geek.
6. Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Grease. This is because when I was growing up, my sisters watched it once a week.
7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. How can you not sing the Camelot song?
8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.
Unforgiven. I don't care if you don't like Westerns. I don't care if you don't like Clint Eastwood. This was a brilliant, brilliant movie.
9. Name a movie you own.
Oh, come on. I own hundreds. Um... Touch of Evil.
10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Little Steven Van Zant. For those who don't know, he played guiter in Bruce Springsteen's E-Street Band, and he's been on the Sopranos since the beginning.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Star Wars! I was eight years old. My dad picked me up and said, "Son, I'm going to take you to a movie that's going to change your life. Then we saw Star Wars at the Northside Drive-in in Lansing, Michigan. He was right. That movie made me want to make movies.
12. Ever made out in a movie?
13. Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven't gotten around to yet.
Patton. I KNOW, I KNOW! GIMME A BREAK! WHAT'S YOURS?
14. Ever walked out of a movie?
Yes! Swordfish. Ugh. Even Halle Berry's upper-body nudity couldn't keep me in the theater.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
I used to go to the theater 2-3 times a week. Now, with a 10-month-old at home, it's a rare, rare occasion. I still love the theater, though, and can't wait for the boy to be old enough so I can take him to movies.
18. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
19. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
None. I truly have no preference. I just love great films, no matter what the genre.
20. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Hmm... that's a tough one. My dad took me to see the Pink Panther Returns when I was about 6 years old, so maybe that one?
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?
24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?
Blazing Saddles. I love comedies, and I've seen a gazillion that I think are hilarious, but I don't think anything will ever top Blazing Saddles for me.