Monday, June 05, 2006

I... I... I'm still alive.

Title borrowed from the Pearl Jam song Alive. Idea for a song-lyric title taken from Jen.

My apologies to the handful of people who read my blog as regularly as possible. I can't believe 11 days have gone by since I last posted! Ack. Well, I guess I haven't had anything to say. Not that I do today, mind you, but 11 days is too long.

I guess I could tell you about a project I've been working on. It's a web site entitled (you) essays (if you go there, you'll get a taste of the graphic feel of the site, though right now I'm having GoDaddy host it for free, thus the fugly ads at the top of the page).

The tagline on the masthead of the page is, "Stories about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness in the you ess ay."

That's what it's going to be. A place to read stories. It's an idea I've had in the works for quite some time and am finally getting around to pulling it together.

I'm fascinated by people's life experiences. In this "Land of Opportunity," anything is possible. Sometimes we surpass our goals a thousand times, and sometimes we fall woefully short. Sometimes the endings are triumphant, sometimes tragic, and more often than not, they're utterly unremarkable. But they're unique to the individual, and it's those experience that will shape the stories of (you) essays. That doesn't mean, by the way, that it will be a non-fiction site. Fiction and non-fiction both will be welcome at (you) essays.

If this is something you might be interested in contributing to, please let me know. It looks like I have enough contributions for the first "issue," which is due out in July, but I'd like to post a new issue monthly.

Okay, gotta go.

Peace out!

READ HALOSCAN COMMENTS.

No comments: